Monday, June 2, 2008

Clothing & More: Toe Rings and Toe Jam, Part II

by Nichole Giles on Nichole's Fairy Squeaks
on yourLDSneighborhood Newsstands - 2 June 2008

When I was a kid, the last day of school was a major event. Not only did it signify the beginning of summer, but it reminded me that winter (my least favorite season) was over and summer (my favorite) had begun. Usually, I like to celebrate the warmer temperatures that accompany summer with the purchase of a great pair of sandals. Because, let’s face it, sandals just rock.

Last week, I talked about toe rings and how they can dress up an ordinary pair of feet. To tell the truth, I believe most people are self-conscious of their feet. I’m not sure why. We all have them and we all need them. Perhaps it has something to do with the amount of time they spend crammed inside stuffy, constricting shoes. Never mind the discomfort of wearing said shoes; we can’t exactly walk around barefooted in the snow without risking the loss of our feet. Then toe rings would be out of the question, wouldn’t they? -- Read More

0 comments: